bookishandnerdy

Bookish and Nerdy

Books, books, and more books with some fangirling on the side.

The Name of the Star (The Shades of London)
Maureen Johnson
Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)
Suzanne Collins

Truth or Dare

Truth or Dare - Jacqueline Green ummmmm...THIS IS A SERIES?!? will add my review soooon. BUT what the heck?!?Characters: I liked Sydney. Although, she is very cliche. The loner who is into photography? Wow, original. Tenley was so annoying and a bitch. The author tried to create some depth through out the story but I feel it wasn’t achieved until the last chapter. I didn’t feel any empathy for Tenley till the last chapter. Caitlin had an awesome arc. The secondary characters were pretty interesting.Plot: Very similar to Pretty Little Liars, but I actually like this better. The girls aren’t’ all friends. I feel there is more mystery, and it’s just more intriguing as where PLL feels like I’m just being pulled back and forth. Truth or Dare had some great twists! AAAAAH especially Sydney’s storyline. Such a fun story albeit very predictable. ALTHOUGH, I didn’t know this was a series and it ended on a cliffhanger. *sigh* I actually went into this thinking it was stand alone novel. Nope. Just a warning for those who haven’t read it. Writing: Jacqueline Green had a way of creating an air of mystery but still kept the story pretty fun. At least, I think so. Other than that the writing was very straight forward. It was bit dragging in the middle but then it picks up again.Overall, I really enjoyed the book, and can’t wait to read the sequel. It’s a really fun, suspenseful read. I give this 4/5 stars.